Friday, April 1, 2011

Is that my espresso or did you just change the oil in your car?

by Maria Atchison


I have a Krups grinder similar to this, but in stainless steel finish.  A perfect grind for your brew pot takes a count to 8 or 9 seconds, and for the espresso  mentioned in the title of today's post, keep grinding till you get to 17.  After putting the ground beans into your filter, tamp it compactly to allow your machine to extract the most authentic crema.  This morning my crema was 3/4 of an inch on the two shots I extracted from my Krups espresso machine.  


After frothing my milk, which is thick and the perfect texture to create beautiful designs in my espresso, I often let some random design form, and then check out my book, Fortune in a Coffee Cup by Sophia, to see if there are any divine messages I should receive.  This morning the marbling in my froth was very eagle-like, which when located at the top of the cup indicates that I "will soar with the eagle" and that I should know that what I say and do will always lead me to my desires.


My husband had an eye looking out at him from his foamy bean beverage, and this is said to indicate that his charming nature will allow him to accomplish long term goals, ones that will be seen by many eyes. 




This little book is a dictionary for the gypsy art of reading grounds, and telling fortunes, similar to reading tea leaves.  It is a fun way to add some meaning to your coffee experience.  I have enjoyed expanding my own world and being open to intuitive vibrations.  Currently, I'm working on a fun idea that invites the coffee drinker to draw a latte design from a deck randomly for a fortune, like a fortune cookie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment